The cemetery is situated high over Lake Erie upon a long, narrow, gently rolling stretch of ground almost directly across from the church.
To find the cemetery, travel south from Wallacetown on the Talbot Trail (formerly #3 highway) and stay on the Tartop Road as far as it goes then turn left onto Lakeview Line. You will come to the Backus-Page house museum first, on the left; then the church manse and St. Peter's Church also on the left side with the cemetery on the right fronted with white picket fence and large sign stating it is St. Peter's Cemetery.
The Ontario Historic plaque reads:
ST. PETER'S CHURCH 1827
A fine example of early Gothic Revival architecture, this Anglican church lies in the midst of the original "Talbot Settlement." The nave was erected by the congregation in 1827. The belfry and tower, added in 1845 to accommodate a bell donated by the Earl of Galloway, adhered to the original style. In 1849 Bishop John Strachan consecrated the church, and two years later the Reverend James Stewart became first resident priest of the parish. Charlotte Simcoe, a daughter of the province's first lieutenant-governor, gave St. Peter's a silver communion service in 1844. The nearby burying ground contains the graves of some of the area's earliest settlers, including that of Col. Thomas Talbot, founder of the "Talbot Settlement"