Brompton Cemetery is a 39-acre cemetery located near Earl's Court on the western border of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in South West London, England. Established by Act of Parliament, it was consecrated by the Bishop of London in 1840 and was originally known as the West of London and Westminster Cemetery. Today it is managed by The Royal Parks, under contract from the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, making it Britain's only Crown Cemetery.
Brompton Cemetery's founder was the architect Stephen Geary (1797-1854), who had previously created cemeteries at Highgate and Nunhead. These three, along with Abney Park, Kensal Green, Tower Hamlets and West Norwood, represent London's Magnificent Seven, a ring of suburban garden cemeteries opened between 1833 and 1841, spanning the bridge between the Georgian and the Victorian eras.
The Friends of Brompton Cemetery have a website with many pictures and details about the history and architecture of the site: http://www.brompton-cemetery.org/. This site includes a PDF map indicating the resting place of 50 notable personalities in the cemetery, including Samuel Cunard.